GLOBALSPIN TRADE CONCLAVE, Chennai
GlobalSpin Trade Conclave 2022 - Chennai
The development of Startups and MSMEs in any sector takes place by generating revenues through their operations and the Fashion/ Textile segment is no exception. With the same in mind as part of the development of the Market Access Program, 4th GLOBALSPIN Trade Conclave was organized in Chennai on Promotion of Handlooms, Handicrafts and Technical Textiles leading to Market Development and focusing on FinTech, Blockchain, AI, IoT, 3D Printing, and AR/ VR at Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park on 21st – 22nd September 2022.
The World Association for Small and Medium Enterprises (WASME) and IAMKHAADII FOUNDATION (IAMKHADI) has organized this conclave. NIFT Foundation for Design Innovation (NFDI), Ministry of Textiles, Government of India was a Co-Organizer for the conclave.
The high-impact two-day conclave was inaugurated by Thiru. R Gandhi, Hon’ble Minister for Handloom and Textiles, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
GlobalSpin Trade Conclave 2022 - Chennai
The inaugural session was attended by:
- H.E. Prof (Dr) K. C. Jankee, President, Ambassador of Mauritius to Russia.
- Mr. Dharmendra Pratap Yadav, IAS, Principal Secretary Handlooms and Textiles, KVIB, Boodhan and Gramadhan, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Mr. Rajit R. Okhandiar, IFS, CEO, Central Silk Board, Govt. of India.
- Mr. Rajiv Saxena, Joint Secretary & Mission Coordinator (NTTM), Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India.
- Dr. Vallalar Masilamani, IAS, Commissioner Textiles, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Mr. T. P Rajesh, IAS, Commissioner Handlooms and MD, Co-optex Handloom, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Ms. V. Shobana IAS, MD, Tamil Nadu Handicrafts Development Corporation (TNHDC), Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Dr. Anitha Manohar, Director, NIFT, Govt. of India.
- Dr. Dr Abhay Sinha, Director General, SEPC, Govt. of India.
- Mr. Habib Hussain, Regional Chairman, Southern Region, (FIEO).
- Ms. Mercy Epao, Joint Secretary (SME), Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Government of India, was and many eminent and key government of India officials attended the conclave including Central Silk Board, Khadi and Village Industries Commission, TRIFED, Department of Handlooms, Handicrafts and Textiles, Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and key organizations in the handloom and textile sector including, Co-Optex, Khadi Kraft, Poomphuhar.
Spanning over two days, the conclave had a series of Panel Discussions with over 30 industry and sector leaders and International Foreign Experts including H.E. Prof (Dr) K. C. Jankee, Ambassador, Govt of Mauritius in Russia, Dr. Friday Okpara Director, SMEDAN, Nigeria, Ms. Adriana Usvat Founder & Managing Partner FLC Group, and Mr. Siven Pillay Selloyee Director, MauBank & Chairman Audit Committee, MauBank
Meanwhile, six MoUs were signed including Artitech Innovations Private Limited, Karnataka; TRACEYARN – SPV of Blockcube Technology Limited; IAMKHADII FOUNDATION, New Delhi; Dream Zone, (Training Services Private Limited); Anagaputhur Jute Weaver’s Association, Chennai; Steel Holdings Corporation Limited, Canada
Many key challenges were addressed and the solutions were proposed through panel discussions including innovation and technology in technical textiles, design innovation and marketing strategy, export promotion, skill development, innovative financing, Traceability and Blockchain, AI, and ZED and various MSME schemes.
More the 220 MSMEs, including artisans, designers, traders, exporters, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, artisans, Startups, etc.
Co-Optex sponsored GlobalSpin Exhibtion. More than 30 Exhibition Stall comprising of rural and tribal artisans from 30 districts participated. SIDBI, TRIFED-Chennai, Khadi Kraft, Poomphuhar, MONOTECH also sponsored exhibition stalls and participated.
The conclave was sponsored by the Ministry of MSME, the Government of India; Government of Tamil Nadu as ‘State Partner’ and Ministry of Textiles, Government of India as Knowledge Partner.
All GlobalSpin Trade Conclaves and GlobalSpin Exhibitions is a sole copyright and joint initiative of IAMKHAADII Foundation and IAMKHADI Export Pvt. Ltd., which is supported by NFDI, WASME and NI-MSME. Its CEO is Mr. Yash Arya.